SWEET MANDARIN MUSSAMAN CURRY SAUCE
My grandmother had a friend on the ship that she travelled to England with called Suki and she taught my granmother how to make her version of mussaman curry from her home town. What is a mussaman curry ? It is rich delicious curry with the flavours from Thailand. Sweet Mandarin’s Mussaman curry sauce is a complex deep flavour gravy that soaks into the meat to give heat and richness to the end dish. Give it a try!
Water, dried red chilli (21%), Lemongrass (19%), Garlic, Shallot, Salt, Galangal, Shrimp Paste (Shrimp 83%, Salt), Coriander Seed, Cumin, Kaffir Lime Peel, Mace, Caradmon, Cinnamon, Xanthan Gum.
Allergens See bold
Suitable for Vegetarians. Not Vegans.
Of which saturates 0g
Of which sugars 0.0g
Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free, MSG Free, Suitable for Vegetarians,
A SWEET HISTORY
Family recipes since 1950
Our traditional family recipes are made with the greatest care over four generations for you to enjoy around the family table. Our adventure includes winning Gordon Ramsay’s F-Word Best Local Chinese beating 10,000 restaurants, Dragon’s Den and being awarded HM The Queen’s MBE for services to food and drink
Thai Massaman Veggie Curry
1 x Aubergine diced
2 x Courgettes sliced
1 x jar of Thai Massaman Curry Sauce
3 tbsp water
3-4 small potatoes blanched and halved
1 x carrot cut into rounds
Salt and Pepper to season
- Pan fry the diced vegetable. Cook for 5-6 minutes till fully cooked. Add in the boiled potatoes.
- Add in the curry sauce, water, pepper and salt. Mix.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Sweet Mandarin’s sauce range has been created to serve our gluten free, nut free, dairy free customers. The range of versatile sauces are all natural maintaining the authentic high quality flavour you are used to tasting. Each sauce is made with love and can be used on a variety of meats, vegetables, noodles, rice and salads for all meal occasions.
1 x Sweet Mandarin Mussaman Sauce
250g – 300g chicken breast sliced
1 x medium sized carrot cut into small rounds
1 x tofu cut into cubes
- In a large pot fry off the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes.
- Boil the carrots in a sauce pan for 5 minutes till fully cooked. Then serve and drain.
- Pour in the mussaman curry sauce in the pot with the chicken
- Add in the cooked carrots. Lastly add in the tofu cubes
- Leave uncovered for the last 5 minutes on a low heat
- Serve with steamed jasmine sticky rice.
- Great for winter comfort food. Yum-O
An alternative for a Meat Free Meal would be aubergine / eggplant or chickpeas with carrots, peas and tofu.
Visit our You Tube Channel for more inspirational recipes for mid-week or quick, easy and affordable meals for the family.
- Made in Britain in our sauce factory
- 100% Gluten Free
- 100% Nut Free
- 100% Dairy Free
- 100% MSG Free
- Suitable for Vegetarians