SWEET MANDARIN CHOW MEIN SAUCE
My memories of taking a telephone order in our small food establishment was for a Chicken Chow Mein (that is Chicken and Noodles simple ingredients but mega delish!) and my Dad (The General) made one of the best Chow Mein’s according to our customers. They kept coming for 30 years which was a testimony to his cooking but the secret ingredient my Dad said was the sauce. Since retiring those customers are still craving a good ole Chow Mein so here is the sauce to replicate at home … or get yourself down to Sweet Mandarin
Water, Sugar, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Oyster Extract 4%, Ginger, Sesame oil, Five spice, Caramel Colour
Of which saturates <0.2g
Of which sugars 25.0g
Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free, MSG Free, Suitable for Vegetarians
Sweet Mandarin’s sauce range has been created to serve our gluten free, nut free, dairy free customers. The range of versatile sauces are all natural maintaining the authentic high quality flavour you are used to tasting. Each sauce is made with love and can be used on a variety of meats, vegetables, noodles, rice and salads for all meal occasions.
1 x Sweet Mandarin Chow Mein Sauce
1 x Gluten Free Rice Noodles or Pasta Noodles
1 x Chicken breast sliced
1 x small onion diced
1 x garlic clove
1 x bambooshoots (tin)
1 x sugar snap peas or spring onion
3 tbsp water
- Blanch the rice noodles in hot water for 2-3 minutes till soft. Drain and run under cold water.
- In a medium – large wok add in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Fry the chicken slices till cooked. Set aside
- Fry the onions, garlic, bambooshoots, sugar snap peas with some water.
- Add in the pre-cooked noodles
- Add in Sweet Mandarin Chow Mein Sauce
- Stir for 5-8 minutes till piping hot
- Serve in a bowl with chopsticks with some Chinese music in the background like how it was in the old shop. Enjoy !
An alternative for a Meat Free Meal would be aubergine / eggplant or chickpeas with carrots, peas and tofu.
Visit our You Tube Channel for more inspirational recipes for mid-week or quick, easy and affordable meals for the family.
- Made in Britain in our sauce factory
- 100% Gluten Free
- 100% Nut Free
- 100% Dairy Free
- 100% MSG Free
- Suitable for Lunch or Dinner